Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Old Photographs

A friend & I were talking about photography this morning. Lenses...Fisheye(kind of the bomb), Macro, Wide Angle, etc.   I get kind of excited when I talk about it. I kind of see life through a viewfinder.  Not that I'm a great photographer, or even have have a great camera...but it is cool, when you get that great shot.  Maybe you had to set it up & work for it, or maybe you just caught it by chance. 


Since I'm on the photography kick:


Collecting old photographs, is something I like to do. Mostly I have photos from the 1800's.  The Civil War era intrigues me. If I could time travel, I'd visit that time. Old photos are neat to look at, & often I find myself wondering about the people's lives in them.  These are a few of my favorites. 


Boy from the 1800's
Civil War era sisters


Japanese Kids

What did they like to do? Did they have a happy life, a hard life? What was their story?  

No comments:

Post a Comment