Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Home From Camp To Blow Out 37 Candles

I got to spend this past weekend with some really cool, (& mature beyond their years) teenagers from church.  We had Winter Camp up in Running Springs...& the topic was dating/relationships & purity.  I must admit I was thinking " what words of wisdom am I going to say about these topics???"...except what not to do when dating!  I was a bit of a wild child as a teenager, & I really didn't want to listen to anyones advice or direction, so I actually admire how these kids handle themselves & the choices they make. It turned out to be a great weekend, & I did have a chance to share a few things from my personal experiences with the girls, that I think they appreciated.  


Sunday, the day we were leaving camp, was my birthday.  So on the long drive home(I got us lost a few times), I had a lot of time to think.  I'm glad I did.  Turning 37 is not the most fabulous thing in the world to me, & I have been trying not to have that feeling of dread as I get closer & closer to 40.  Anyway, so driving home I was thinking...how lucky am I, to get to have spent the weekend with these teenagers? To get to spend part of my birthday serving....that is so much better than sitting around thinking about how old I am.  Ha ha.   Then I was just thanking God that I have made it to the age I am now,  cause when I was their age I never would have pictured my life, the way it is now.  So I am looking forward to this year ahead...all 37 years of me!


          By the way.....it get's to be kind of a fire hazard with this many candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment