Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Stacks

I was just looking at some of my books, & realizing it seems like eons since I have actually sat down to read, & since I have finished a book from cover to cover.  I have a stack of started books, ones I got halfway through, others that I intend on reading.  Hmmmm, what happened to me?  I can't seem to quiet my mind enough to focus on reading lately.  When my kids are actually all quiet at once(which is rare), & I could read,  I find other stuff to do.  Anyway, I need to get back...get my nose in a good book again.  Also, I have just been looking around this office/art studio room we have here, cause the plan is to change this into the girl's room this summer.  Maybe I am feeling a bit nostalgic already, thinking of my little half of the room art studio I have now in here & how that was my dream, that will have to be picked up, & moved to another nook.  I still have about half a year to enjoy it though, & it will be fun to decorate the girl's new room! 


Love interesting books about people's lives, literature, mysteries, etc.  I know reading on a Kindle or whatever new electronic thing is cool(& better for the trees, so I'm a little torn) but I just love the way they look on my shelves.  


So also in this room is my hodge podge of collections. I like old stuff, things that have a story...but I admit I may have a slight collecting problem. I've been good lately though! I have some of my old Daguerreotypes & Ambrotypes in here, which are pictures in little cases from the 1800's. Old glass marbles.  Some Japanese dolls & figurines. Old family pictures. Yada yada.  Just thinking, where am I going to put all this stuff when we rearrange? Hmmm, guess I will cross that bridge later.


One of my pictures from the 1800's.  Don't know who this lady is, but I like her dress, & love the pretty velvet in these little cases.


                                                 Japanese Hakata dolls.


This is my Great Great Grandparents, & the little girl is my Great Grandmother(I never met her).

No comments:

Post a Comment