Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2012

Collector

I've always collected little interesting or pretty objects. I think it all started with shells when I was young.  My aunt (who is an artist too), had a beautiful shell collection in her house, in little display cases & I remember loving to look at her things.  Now I have kind of traded in the shell collecting(still have a few), for some other little objects...

Here are my new guys above....two little brothers from the 1800's.  These are Tintype pictures.



So I really love objects that have a history to them, that have a story.  I wonder how many hands they have passed through, etc.  One of the things my daughter Sage asked for Christmas was old coins.  I am happy to oblige since I like them too.  I got her an Indian Red Cent from the late 1800's to start her off.

No comments:

Post a Comment