Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Countdown

About 3 days until I visit my longtime friend in Omaha, for her 40th birthday.  So about 3 days until I get my way-scared ass on a plane again.  The thing about flying is, you realize you have absolutely no control.  There is not a thing I can do but trust & pray, that I make it to my destination.  I mean really, I know that I have no control down here on the ground either, but somehow I think most of us can convince ourselves we do.  Anyway, so here I sit, trying not to think about it too much, trying to let go of all the what if's.  Plenty of deep breaths :)


Summer has been moving along steadily.  We've hit the beach once far.  I preceded to turn into a lobster on my stomach & lower back afterward.  Ahhh, redness, blisters, the whole she-bang.  I'd like to think I'm a little wiser as I've hit 40, but every once in a while I am reminded I can behave like the girl I was in my younger years, that thought she was slightly invincible, & gave no concern to such far away notions, like skin cancer.  Next time I shall be hitting the SPF 50 hard!


I've been working on a few art pieces.  Mostly ink drawings that I color with watercolors & am putting in some painted wood boxes.  I've been having fun with those, so I will show a few.














Some of our recent Summer photos....
















No comments:

Post a Comment