Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The "New Year" High That Didn't Last

Happy 2015!

6 days in, & I've realized my house is still strewn with toys, & clothes, & crumbs, & stacks of papers here & there.  I see it, get overwhelmed & then have to put my blinders on, cause apparently my new year excitement hasn't rubbed off on my desire to clean my husband's bathroom & my son's room yet!  My on fire sense of excitement over creating new things has waned a little bit too, & given way to the old narrative that plays in my head about needing to find a purpose, & wondering if I'm wasting my life.

Maybe someone should've bought herself some happy pills this year, thats what I'm thinking :)

I expect this year ahead will have it's ups & downs like any other.  I was kind of joking before, but there is a little part of me that was hoping my personality would miraculously change, & I would love cleaning my house.  Also, that suddenly I'd get my shit together, so to speak, & head on a clear path towards whatever it is that will fulfill me.  That would be too easy, right?

So here's to all of us on the journey, navigating through life, winging it a lot of times & figuring it out as we go. May this year be filled with many adventures.... hope you have an awesome year ahead of you!



New Years's Eve with friends
Pretty New Year's Day Hike
Yay, 2015!
Little seashell
Us

No comments:

Post a Comment