Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rama-llama

Exploring, like we do, we found this great little Monastery in the canyon near our place.  Actually, I've passed the little sign along the mountain road so many times, as I was on my way to this thing or that, & told myself I would go up there someday.  It's Spring Break this week, so off we went to the Ramakhrishna's place.





They are on the top of a small mountain that has the most awesome view, & there are trails out there....lots of trails, ones I've never traveled. Their little gardens rows with their organic vegetables are pretty, & make me want for a simple life like that. Land, open space, peace.

My brain is screwy sometimes.  I know it, it's okay.  My thoughts often feel like they're at war with themselves.  I just feel like everything is going to be alright,  & I can breathe more when I am out in the wide open beauty of it all.  Anyway, so now I have to go back!




I did this little Acrylic painting above last week.  I hated it at first.  I kept working it & think it kind of turned out pretty now.  Yesterday, sick of painting & not wanting to do the whole messy paper clay thing, I got out a hoop & did some embroidery.  I came up with this girl below.



No comments:

Post a Comment