Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Retreat

I am back from a weekend get away in the Palomar mountains(near San Diego).  So I sometimes have reservations about going on trips like this. You know...ice breakers, sometimes awkward "spill your guts" sessions, shacking up with a lot of people, crammed into close quarters. Ha ha. But I like to make myself get out of my comfort zone every now & then & just do it.  Anyway, it ended up being fun, had some good conversations, met some new people, went hiking...even went on the zip line(which I was pretty scared to do).  The interesting thing about the whole place was when I got there, I realized I had been there 20 years ago, at high school summer camp with my church.  So we would be at certain spots in the camp, & I would be having flash backs of hanging out there before, all those crazy years ago.














2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Glad you went! Wish I could have been there on that hike with you! Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete