Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Missed You, Crazy City

We got back recently from a fun trip away, no kids, just us & good friends.  My friend Maya & I did a women's half marathon in San Francisco, & the guys came along to enjoy the weekend.  We haven't been up there in a few years, to do a race, & I've missed that city.  The noise, the chaos, the colorful people...I love it all.  




Eagerly awaiting the race start.  There were soooo many people!
Yay! Miss Tara came to join us at the Tattoo parlor, after the race.
New ink.  I've been wanting these words for awhile.  Reminder to me, I don't have to go back to where I've been.
Love the art in Clarion Alley...awesome, although the alley had quite a few memorable smells.
Like this pic of Richard & Mike
A local haunt, we had fun at : Bitters Bock & Rye
Pretty day at Fisherman's Wharf

And now for some random thoughts on running.  I am hoping I keep up the longer distances now, that I have actually trained somewhat, & am able to do quite a few miles without dying.  I have a love/hate thing with running, there are times I just can't wait for it to be over, & others where I push myself & enjoy being out there, feeling my feet pound the pavement, lungs maybe burning a little...but feeling alive & strong, & total freedom.  Ok, maybe I do love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment