Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Until Next Year Dia De Las Muertos



 I love this time of the year, plenty of Halloween & Day of the Dead festivities to attend. So much beautiful artwork, &  sometimes slightly creepy things to see.  Our weekend consisted of Halloween evening, going out with our 3, which were scooting from one house to the next fast with friends, happy to feel like they were out on their own, as we kind of hung back & got used to the role of the parents with older kids.  Not walking them up to the doors anymore, not holding the hands.  Just trying to keep up.  The next day (after a rainy 4 mile run) we headed to Hollywood for their awesome Day of the Dead Celebration in the huge cemetery out there.  My brother who lives out that way, came & joined us.  Sunday was capped off with a drive to San Diego with some friends to visit this cool shop of a lady we know, & they were having a little outdoor Day of the Dead celebration too.  I was thinking looking at her shop, that I need to get going on some of dreams in my head for my art & maybe my writing.  It was inspiring to see her eclectic little store with local artist's goods. Ahhh anyway,  so many good things in one weekend!  I'm proud of myself for showing some restraint, I've developed a little of it in the past couple years. I really wanted this felted Sugar Skull doll($145).   I kept going back to take a peek, but I was good this time.

Queen of Hearts, Zombie Boy, & The Mad Hatter(aka Madeline Hatter)

Captured prettiness after our wet run.

I told India to give me a kind of sad look, this is what I got.

Cody's souvenir was a wrestler's mask
Sage
Me & Toby
A pretty alter

Going to check out the artwork inside
Badass Frida
Part of an alter for the great Robin Williams

Girlies

Very pretty, as far as cemeteries go

The Make Good Shop in San Diego
Felted goodies by www.valsartstudio.com





No comments:

Post a Comment