Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Free Spirit

Ok, so I like to think I'm a free spirit, but am I truly?  I like the idea of being unattached to stuff, ready to take off at will.  Putting all the essentials in a backpack & roaming the earth sometimes appeals to me. Although in my head I picture myself traveling on beautiful trails, seeing cool little towns...not at dirty truck stops or running into any creepy people. That movie Into The Wild messed with my head a lot, I like that idea of just being free & not tethered to things, like the main character was... after I saw it I kind of wanted to take off on a trek. I felt the need to just pack up some things & go somewhere, I let the feeling subside somewhat though, because I can't very well do that with a husband, 3kids & all my furry friends that coexist with us.  I do get small tastes of that arms open wide freedom, where I just want to breathe it all in, when out in the meadows of Yosemite, or by one of the beautiful lakes in Mammoth...& I think how can I bottle this feeling?  I wonder if I really have to go back to my normal life(not that I don't like it).  Would people notice if I just stayed?  Maybe I could just have someone put a sign on my door back home that says "Stayed in the mountains".  Just daydreaming.   But alas, I also like order & planning, & lists upon lists...so I am not totally a fly by the seat of my pants type of person, or at least not as much as I'd like to be sometimes. I like being carefree with a definite sense of order.  Ha ha.  Anyway, here is to the free spirit in all of us :)


                              Yea, I got back to some embroidery work today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment