Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day Birthday

TIRED....we had a houseful of Kindergarten girls here earlier, for India's 6th birthday.  It was perfect that the party date fell on Earth Day, a theme I can get into :)  They decorated pots & planted Marigolds in them, made dirt dessert (pudding, crushed oreos, with Gummy worms coming out of the top).  I decided to spare them my talk on the environment/climate change, etc.  Just kidding, I wasn't really going to give a speech or anything, 5 & 6 year old brains might be a bit young for that. I was kind of thinking of having them pick up trash around the neighborhood though....my kids think it's actually fun. Ended up deciding it wouldn't be wise to hit the streets with a bunch of little ones, & try to keep my eyes on all of them.  Although, it would have been kind of amusing when the parents asked their kid what they did, & they told them they went out gathering trash at a BD party. Anyway, they all had fun making things &  eventually the party ended up in my girl's room, where I found them all putting makeup on each other, & jumping off the top bunk bed.  











                                          Happy Earth Day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment