Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Shalako

Hello.  I have been making a new art doll.  She is finished today.  I really love making things out of clay, because you never know how they are going to turn out.  I guess I am a bit curious myself to see what my hands will form, & what kind of fun things I can add to the piece, to give it it's own uniqueness.


I used to know a boy named Shalako, not well, but we went to grade school together. I always remembered the name because it was different, & lovely I think, for a boy or a girl.  Anyway, here she is.






Some of stuff I look at while I work on my art(my little inspiration wall).  I love the image of the lady with hyenas below(snatched from my National Geographic magazine)....the photographer was capturing peoples images in the glass, while looking at Museum displays.  Oh, & I am partial to colorful striped socks, especially when paired with skirts :)



No comments:

Post a Comment