Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Run & Relax

This past weekend we did the Hollywood Half Marathon.  It started at Universal Studios & we got to run through some really cool parts of town.  It helped to have all the shops, street art, & stars on the sidewalk to distract myself with during the race.  I would totally do this race again, the only thing I wasn't a fan of was the 2 miles up hill towards the finish line...it would have been nice to coast on in down hill(or at least on flat ground).  Oh well :)


Oh, & after the race we hung out in the area awhile, & headed on over to Westwood, & visited the cemetary where Marilyn Monroe is buried.  I've wanted to visit where she was buried for a number of years now...so it was a hightlight of my weekend.  At our hotel, when we were checking out,  this lady was walking around with one of my favorite kind of dogs(you don't see this kind too much) a Dogue De Bordeaux.   So of course I went over there & asked the lady if I could pet her dog, & was asking her all about it.   Richard was joking & saying he was surprised I didn't lay out a blanket & start taking pictures with the dog.  Ha ha, he knows me too well.  I would've, but the owner probably would've thought I was a crazy lady.  Anyway, good race in one of my favorite areas, sunny skies, got to visit Marilyn & always good to come across one of my favorite four-legged friends :)



Yesterday we had a somewhat non-active Easter, which is good sense it kind of hurts to bend my legs from the race. ha ha.   We got some new plants & vegetables & the kids helped us put them in the ground.  Had a egg hunt in the house, & went to a new park we found.  That was it for our weekend.










   Sometime after mile 12, shooting pain in knee...wondering "where is this dumb finish line?"










No comments:

Post a Comment